Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Today, I cried...

Today, I cried. I cried twice.

Once in the office when on the phone with Yenn Linn.

The other, just a few minutes ago. In front of mummy.

I cannot recall the last time I cried in front of my mum. 5, 10 years ago? I really cannot remember.

I really don't know how to put this in context but all I know is that what they say is true - your family will never abandon you. Never.

Just when I really thought that mummy will just scold me for my stupidity, I was wrong. She did not even raise her tone a tiny notch. She actually was cool about it and supported my decision.

I'm brought up in a quite traditional Asian family where we don't say things out loud. So there fore, both mummy and I has never expressed out love for each other. But I'm fine with how it is. I will teach my children to say it but I'm fine with how we are now. Cause we both know deep down, we know. We ARE mother and daughter.

Anyhow, I'm really grateful to have my mummy as my mum. And I thank her for helping me through this, no matter how useless I feel I am.

Thank You Mi.

No comments: