Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Weekday fun

Whoever said weekdays are only all work, no fun and nothing to look forward too is so wrong.

I have a list of things to look forward too every weekday:
6.30am - 6.45am : look up to a dark morning sky with stars still brightly in sight
6.46am - 8.00am : while driving to work, you'll get to see the universe starting it's engines; the sun waking up, painting the sky with it's wonderful colours every second;
we humans in our little automobiles doing funny little things which we think the other person in the other car don't notice;
the birds. Birds who like us are also starting their day - in the sky;
the misty no end far away road, field, building...
8.01am - 6.30pm : E-mail conversations from people who I came to learn to cherish and love; my family. They are the ones who are still keeping me on my feet now. Helping me hold on.
6.31pm - 8.30pm - driving home, just like the morning drive but only in reverse. You'll see the universe going into slumber. Slowly turning off it's light, bringing us in the peaceful silence;
The birds, like us are too going home.
8.31pm - till late : just being in the same room as my mum, even if we don't talk much or don't talk at all, just being there with her watching TV, I know she appreciates it. As she knows that her daughter is safe and sound at home. And me knowing that, knowing that my mum is happy, makes falling into deep slumber a bit more easier.

I honestly don't know about you, but to me, these simple little things, in my eyes this is what I call life. And I'll appreciate every single second I have of it. Because you won't know when it will be gone right? :)

No comments: